Month: February 2020
Our client is a cloud-based, event automation platform used by event and conference managers to run their global events. TM8 is helping them find a top performing Senior Software Engineer Backend in Vancouver.
The Platform team is focused on taking the platform to the next level.
In a typical week the Senior Software Engineer Backend Vancouver will develop new features working with product management, sales and customer success teams in one of the core application modules in the platform. They will collaborate with peers to review code, contribute to innovation of product, write tests, and work to continuously improve the development process.
This position would be based on Vancouver.
Here is what you’ll have the opportunity to do:
● Code new features, tests, and bugs fixes. We want you to write clean,
● Work alongside other developers and a cross-disciplinary team of sales,
marketing, product, design, and leadership to determine what features
should be built into the platform.
● Support integrations between the various systems needed to run client sites using the platform and integrating with other data sources / platforms.
● Architecting and optimizing code that performs at scale, including working with the ops team to load test the most intensive application use cases
● Work alongside the Customer Success team by prioritizing platform issues on current projects.
● Work on deep analytics and modern workflow design.
Requirements Senior Software Engineer Backend Vancouver
● 8+ years writing cloud software applications, with development experience
with the core tech stack for most of or all that time – cloud based, scalable
and distributed systems is a must.
Databases like PostgreSQL, PostgresSQL, Redis; HTML5, CSS, Sass;
Unix / Linux / FreeBSD; Git / GitHub; Locust; Scout; and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
● You can lead technical architecture decisions and are comfortable leading
● You write solid, testable code.
● You have experience being a leader on a team of other developers,
mentoring junior programmers and coaching best practices.
● You possess strong computer science fundamentals – programming
languages, architectures, data structures, databases, and algorithms.
● You have deep experience analyzing and optimizing code performance (N+1
query problems, algorithm optimization).
● You have API design and development experience.
● E-commerce expertise a very nice to have.
● You’re all about Agile methodologies.
● Unit tests (both back-end and front-end).
● You have a Bachelor’s degree or Computer Science degree.
● Cross-disciplinary experience where you have worked with Designers,
Project Managers, Product Marketers and a Leadership team.
● You’ll be internal and externally facing so strong communication skills are a
must – both written and verbal.
● Great communication & presentation abilities for client engagements.
● The desire to be a part of a vibrant and energetic company culture that
promotes hard work while having fun doing it
● Competitive compensation package including extended medical, dental,
MSP, paid time off, great team, clients like Adobe and SXSW, and
the opportunity to have a real impact on the support and reliability of event
and conference experiences globally.
TM8 is helping our client find a talented Front-End Software Engineer in Metro Vancouver.
Specifically, the Front-End Software Engineer in Metro Vancouver will:
- Front-End Software Engineer will Develop, integrate and implement applications components including front-end development, server-side development and database integration.
- Play a direct role in programming, maintenance, technical support, and documentation of web-centric applications.
- Research, track and understand new web technologies.
- Work within an agile development team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Contribute to a fully automated test and verification environment to ensure the highest quality products.
- Troubleshoot field issues.
What you Bring:
Education and Experience
Front-End Software Engineer Metro Vancouver
- University degree in Computer Science is preferred
- Experience working with a web development framework such as Angular
- Experience with a major modern language such as Java or C#
- Thorough comprehension of core OO concepts
- Comprehension of fundamental SQL concepts
- Experience through coursework or work-experience with software architecture & application development within a large complex system
- Familiarity with software development industry best practices
- Previous experience in Test Driven Development and test automation is an asset
- Experience in Spring MVC is an asset
- Experience in a Linux environment is an asset
This position is an on site role in Metro Vancouver. Not interested in remote candidates at this time.
TM8 is currently seeking an Associate Director of Engineering Admissions for a leading regulatory body in British Columbia, to oversee improvement of processes and operational efficiency. The successful candidate will need to encompass an Engineering or Geo-science background with successful complex Project Management as well as Administrative Management.
A postgraduate degree in engineering, geoscience, business, law or public policy would an asset. Registration or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in BC.
The role is in a Regulatory environment.
This is a Senior Management position, reporting to the Director level and would include managing 5 direct reports on a team of 12.
Essential qualities – Associate Director Engineering Admissions
Highly personable and collaborative individual with the ability to relate to and engage with a range of personalities and people from a range of departments and perspectives
Outstanding Analytical Skills
Proven experience with process improvement, and successful project management
A more detailed job description will be provided to candidates who meet these requirements.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the role would be appropriate for someone with an Engineering + Project management background along with 5+ years in an administrative / leadership role within the quasi-Government, Government, Crown Corporations or Academic industries.
The position will also require the person to demonstrate that they have:
• Proven leadership, mentor-ship and coaching skills
• Proven ability to inspire trust, confidence and respect of staff, peers, leadership, volunteers and clients
• Proven ability to exercise mature judgment, diplomacy, discretion and to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills – including listening, written, verbal communications
• Researching, project management, analyzing and applying legislation and policies, managing projects and budgets, leading diverse teams, and using web-based tools and applications
• Training in Administrative Law is an asset, relevant BC legislation including the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The employer offers a salary of $120,000 – $130,000 with an outstanding benefits and perks package.
5 Weeks vacation to start
Flex days, 36 hour work weeks
$5000 car allowance / year
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted and further details on the role will be provided.