Senior Software Engineer Backend Vancouver
Our client is a cloud-based, event automation platform used by event and conference managers to run their global events. TM8 is helping them find a top performing Senior Software Engineer Backend in Vancouver.
The Platform team is focused on taking the platform to the next level.
In a typical week the Senior Software Engineer Backend Vancouver will develop new features working with product management, sales and customer success teams in one of the core application modules in the platform. They will collaborate with peers to review code, contribute to innovation of product, write tests, and work to continuously improve the development process.
This position would be based on Vancouver.
Here is what you’ll have the opportunity to do:
● Code new features, tests, and bugs fixes. We want you to write clean,
● Work alongside other developers and a cross-disciplinary team of sales,
marketing, product, design, and leadership to determine what features
should be built into the platform.
● Support integrations between the various systems needed to run client sites using the platform and integrating with other data sources / platforms.
● Architecting and optimizing code that performs at scale, including working with the ops team to load test the most intensive application use cases
● Work alongside the Customer Success team by prioritizing platform issues on current projects.
● Work on deep analytics and modern workflow design.
Requirements Senior Software Engineer Backend Vancouver
● 8+ years writing cloud software applications, with development experience
with the core tech stack for most of or all that time – cloud based, scalable
and distributed systems is a must.
Databases like PostgreSQL, PostgresSQL, Redis; HTML5, CSS, Sass;
Unix / Linux / FreeBSD; Git / GitHub; Locust; Scout; and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
● You can lead technical architecture decisions and are comfortable leading
● You write solid, testable code.
● You have experience being a leader on a team of other developers,
mentoring junior programmers and coaching best practices.
● You possess strong computer science fundamentals – programming
languages, architectures, data structures, databases, and algorithms.
● You have deep experience analyzing and optimizing code performance (N+1
query problems, algorithm optimization).
● You have API design and development experience.
● E-commerce expertise a very nice to have.
● You’re all about Agile methodologies.
● Unit tests (both back-end and front-end).
● You have a Bachelor’s degree or Computer Science degree.
● Cross-disciplinary experience where you have worked with Designers,
Project Managers, Product Marketers and a Leadership team.
● You’ll be internal and externally facing so strong communication skills are a
must – both written and verbal.
● Great communication & presentation abilities for client engagements.
● The desire to be a part of a vibrant and energetic company culture that
promotes hard work while having fun doing it
● Competitive compensation package including extended medical, dental,
MSP, paid time off, great team, clients like Adobe and SXSW, and
the opportunity to have a real impact on the support and reliability of event
and conference experiences globally.