now browsing by category
Our client expanding business and have an immediate need for a motivated IT Sales Executive – Outside -Vancouver. They are a service provider of outsourced IT solutions tailored to small-to-medium sized organizations.
The team is focused on preventing IT issues from resulting in business interruptions, and data and financial loss and services are also designed to help business’ improve their network speed, performance, and stability, without the added expense of full-time IT department.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to a growing business by identifying prospects, initiating contact, and maintaining relationships with clients. You’ll have access to a completely defined sales process, funnel, and excellent CRM-management tool. With a focus on achieving customer satisfaction and deliverables, you will facilitate lead generation, provide technical consulting and analysis to understand client needs, as well as develop and present product and sales information.
Essential Skills and Qualifications – IT Sales Executive – Outside -Vancouver
- 3+ Years IT Sales Required.
- 3+ Years Outside Sales Required (within the Lower Mainland of BC).
- You are a Hunter who loves closing business and moving on to next target.
- Excellent understanding of sales process and strong qualifying & closing skills.
- Driven by closed deals and excellent commissions.
- You want to be a part of a close knit and growing team.
The successful candidate will be willing to learn industry specifics critical to this sales role and will be eager to gain training from a 25-year sales veteran within the industry. Once training is complete, this sales role will include developing and delivering quotes, scheduling presentations with existing customers, and creating new sales leads.
The client offers a highly competitive compensation program with a base salary, commissions, and bonuses based on sales performance. If you are a candidate who is proactive, hungry to close sales that will drive profitability, and can work in a fast-paced environment, then we want to meet you.
Pre-Sales Solution Engineer – Vancouver
Expected Earnings: $80,000 – $90,000 +
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Work Experience: 5+ years
Our client is a leading provider of document processing solutions. By using their technology, clients can take advantage of advanced functionality within their applications, and speed up their processes. Their innovative products are used by some of the leading companies in the world. We are helping them hire a Pre-Sales Solution Engineer. In return for your hard work and dedication, our client provides a competitive salary based on experience & qualifications along with a generous benefits package. Bonus potential based on output and unlimited career growth potential will also be provided by this company based in Downtown Vancouver.
The Solution Engineer supports customers in technical implementations of solutions and sales productivity by creating a solution for customers. The role requires collaboration with sales, product engineering, and technical support resources. The objective is to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address pains of prospective customers, and are supported by their technical decision-makers.
Responsibilities: Pre-Sales Solution Engineer – Vancouver
- Provide product demonstrations, and assistance with demo version installations or beta implementations.
- Debug customer application source code to diagnose and address any errors.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, needs, and recommend solutions.
- Secure input on technical requirements from all necessary solution customer stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with sales and product support/engineering units to align solution design with customer requirements.
- Manage all technical support tickets throughout the pre-sales process, and alert the sales team of potential risks to the opportunity.
- Work with sales associates to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Stay abreast of electronic document standards, industry developments, trends, emerging technologies, as well as competitor offerings.
Qualifications: Pre-Sales Solution Engineer – Vancouver
- 3+ years experience developing complex software project
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar program.
- Experience with Internet architecture, and mobile application development
- 2+ years experience in solutions architecture, solution integration/delivering, troubleshooting/debugging, or other equivalent experience interfacing with customers.
Senior System Test Engineer – Smart Grid Technology – Vancouver
Expected Earnings Excellent comp package!
Job type Full time
Work experience 5+ years
Job Description: Senior System Test Engineer – Smart Grid Technology – Vancouver
Our client develops, manufactures and markets two-way data communications networks for electric, water and gas utilities. They provide utilities with more intelligent communications infrastructure.
The Network is a fixed wireless network that is used within a utility’s smart grid ecosystem. Seeking a Senior System Test Engineer for their team.
The company has a team consisting of test leads for each of network server, endpoint, and UI/application testing. They are now expanding the team to include a senior test engineer who can integrate end-to-end system testing throughout the agile development process. The successful candidate will work to prevent delays that result from system bugs and errors being caught late in the development cycle.
1. Collaborate with directors, technical leads, and project managers, to evaluate, plan, design, integrate and deploy full system testing throughout the agile development cycle
2. Ensure that any new software integration meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications
3. Conduct all types of testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load and acceptance testing methods
4. Analyze test results to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
5. Contribute to design, development, and implementation of test automation
6. Ensure that testing activities meet system goals and fulfill end user requirements
7. Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking
8. Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
9. Cultivate, define and implement system testing best practices
Required Skills & Experience: Senior System Test Engineer – Smart Grid Technology – Vancouver
***5-10 years’ hands-on experience with testing complex products that include hardware, software and firmware components.***
1. Experience within a C/Linux environment is critical, and at least one or both of:
2. Embedded Linux in small form-factor devices
3. Server Linux applications
4. From design to implementation, you have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills in both manual and automated testing solutions.
5. You have a proven track record of delivering highly-reliable applications for mass-market, complex systems.
6. As a senior systems test engineer, it is important that you seek continuous improvement.
7. You are passionate for innovative solutions, plus have a strong personal commitment to quality, performance and documentation.
8. You are a pragmatist who can re-scope as necessary without sacrificing the quality of the deliverable.
9. You are self-motivated and results-focused with demonstrated ability to multi-task without compromising quality.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also receive:
-Comprehensive extended health and dental coverage, plus a health spending account;
-Life and disability insurance, Travel insurance, MSP coverage, Stock options,
-Your choice of paid parking space or transit reimbursement
-3 weeks’ annual vacation; and opportunities for paid professional development and training.
-You will receive these benefits upon commencement of employment
-There is also a running club, games room, subsidized yoga classes, and various social events.
Software Developer / Engineer – Vancouver
Expected Earnings: Above industry standard compensation package
Work Experience: 5+ years
Our client is looking for a talented, rock solid Software Developer/Engineer to join their core development team. You are an expert in all things development, have a passion for solid code and delivering quality products. You have a sense of urgency, need little supervision, and get things done. You are a natural idea accelerator, are able to work under tight deadlines and understand what it takes to work on mission critical software in a growing company. You have this uncanny ability to discuss technical issues with non-techies in laymen’s terms, and are able to communicate with existing and potential clients (whether other developers, CEOs or CTOs) with confidence and ease. *Local candidates only please.
As a software developer, you will not just be involved in all aspects of the software development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, code processes and company direction. You will also be making heavy use of the latest & greatest technologies, so a craving for learning new things is a must. You are adventurous, competitive and driven to excel!
Work on the development of existing and new technology (from requirements gathering and analysis to high-level design, implementation, test and maintenance).
Carry out research and prepare technical proposals and demonstrations for new projects.
Design and develop sample code and contribute to technical documentation.
Interact with customers who seek solutions to their inquires.
Assist and collaborate with other developers.
Required Qualifications – Software Developer / Engineer – Vancouver
A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
2 to 5 years experience developing complex software projects and applications.
Strong proficiency in C/C++ development, with additional experience with Java or C# being a plus.
Strong mathematical analysis and problem solving abilities.
Experience with one or more development environments (Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.).
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to work effectively on assignments through correct prioritization and management of tasks in order to ensure high-quality deliverables at each stage of the project.
Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
Knowledge and/or interest in computer graphics, AI, document formats (especially page description languages such as PDF, SVG, XPS, PostScript), and image compression technologies.
Familiarity with advanced algorithms related to raster and vector image processing.
Flexible and with experience working as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
Thirst for knowledge, with a strong initiative and drive to go above and beyond.
Fun to be around.
Software Development Lead – Ruby Rails – Vancouver
Location: Gastown, Vancouver
Competitive compensation package including extended medical, dental, MSP, paid time off, gym membership, sweet office and location, great team, amazing clients and the opportunity to have real impact on the support and reliability of event and conference experiences globally.
Here is what you’ll have the opportunity to do:
- Working alongside the Platform Director, lead the execution of the platform roadmap for the next phase of growth
- Write new features, code reviews, fix bugs and overall write clean, efficient code
- Be the tech lead and mentor for a team of three developers ranging from junior through senior
- Interact with sales, marketing, project managers and the leadership team to discuss how and what features should be built
- Devise and support integrations between the various systems needed to run client sites using the software and integrating with other data sources / platforms
- Support QA and the Support teams by triaging platform related issues on current projects
Required Skills and Experience – Software Development Lead – Ruby Rails – Vancouver
5 years full stack development experience with their tech – cloud based, distributed systems is a must
At least 1 year as a tech or dev lead managing other developers at all levels
You’re all about Agile methodologies
You’ve written unit tests before (both backend and frontend)
Bachelor’s Degree or Computer Science Degree, or you’re a really good problem solver
Cross disciplinary experience where you have worked with Designers, Project Managers, Product Marketers and a Leadership team
You’ll be internal and externally facing so strong communication skills are a must – both written and verbal
Inside Sales Professional – Software Solutions – Downtown Vancouver
Expected Earnings: $50 – $70K base salary – Target $100 – $130,000 Depending on experience.
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Work Experience: 3 to maximum 10 years
Our client is a leading provider of document processing solutions. By using their technology, clients can take advantage of advanced functionality within their applications, and speed up their processes. Their innovative products are used by some of the leading companies in the world.
As an Inside Sales Professional – Software Solutions; the primary responsibility will be to manage and close a pipeline of software license opportunities, while working closely with pre-sales teams and internal resources. We are seeking a strong closer who is highly motivated, intelligent and also a strong negotiator. *3-10 years experience required, no more no less!*
In return for your hard work and dedication, our client provides a competitive salary based on experience & qualifications along with a generous benefits package. Bonus potential based on output and unlimited career growth potential will also be provided by this company based in Downtown Vancouver.
Qualify and close new sales leads.
Proactively maintain relationships with accounts and identify future opportunities
Gain a deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of competing products, and effectively illustrate the value of our high-quality/market-leading solutions to prospects
Recognize high value sales opportunities
Identify opportunities using a consultative sales approach
Qualifications – Inside Technical Sales Representative – Downtown Vancouver
Required qualifications and experience:
- 3 to a maximum of 10 years experience selling complex business to business software products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A college or university degree in a Technical discipline or a background in technology sales
- Demonstrated success in using a consultative approach with key business and technical executives
- Consistent history of achievement, with demonstrated success of exceeding quotas
- A strong team player with a solid sales acumen
If you’ve sold hi-tech solutions and have a knowledge of the latest technology trends in web and mobile dev, and are seeking a vibrant growing company to work with, we want to hear from you.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary based on experience & qualifications.
- A generous extended benefits package.
- Bonus potential based on output.
- Unlimited career growth potential.
- An empowering, casual & flexible environment in their Vancouver Downtown offices.
Senior CRM Consultant – Microsoft Dynamics
Location: Burnaby, BC
Work experience 5-9 years
Expected Earnings Salary $100,000- $120,000+
TM8 Recruitment is helping our client, a leading Microsoft Dynamics VAR, locate and secure a Senior CRM Consultant – Microsoft Dynamics They are offering base salaries exceeding $100,000-$120,000/year plus full benefits and flexible working environment.
-Lead discussions with customer and project stakeholders to determine the current processes in use and how Microsoft Dynamics CRM can fit within the organization.
-Plan and documents different solution alternatives based on business requirements for the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
-Manage customer relationships and customer expectations on a variety of different projects of different sizes.
-Participate in the sales cycle with the VP Sales to determine various options of the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM in a variety of different organizations.
-Create both user requirements and functional specification documentation using standard development documentation templates based on a variety of different development methodologies.
-Conduct the implementation of CRM installations including various customizations for each project.
-Design and implement any required data migration necessary from other external sources into Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
-Perform testing and stabilization duties of CRM solutions developed.
-Provide both end-user support and training for users of the application.
Required Skills & Experience
-Education: Degree or diploma in Computer Science or relevant experience.
-Experience: At least 4+ years working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM in a commercial environment.
-Strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0/2011.
-Experience with both Dynamics CRM on-premise and on-line.
-Experience performing business requirements analysis and application design.
-Experience with conducting an architecture assessment and design for CRM implementations.
-Strong verbal and written skills.
-Excellent customer relations and the ability to work closely with customers throughout the entire project lifecycle.
-Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
-Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
-Time management and organizational skills.
-Ability to develop effective interdepartmental relationships.
Additional Preferred experience
-Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, NAV and/or SYSPRO 6.0, or any other ERP package
-Experience with Microsoft SureStep 2010.
-Experience with Scribe Insight and/or Biztalk 2006/2009/2010.
Sales Representative – Woodworking Machinery – Surrey, BC
Expected Earnings Competitive Base Salary Excellent Commission plan
Work experience 8-10 Sales Years Experience
Our family-owned client is Canada’s largest national distributor of tooling machinery, with branches located across Canada. The client provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan to employees while offering a flexible and relaxed work environment within a results-oriented culture.
Working from our Head office in Surrey, BC and reporting to the VP of Sales, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing expanding the client’s Tooling and Supplies sales to the customer base.
-Develop a plan in cooperation with sales management, and the marketing department to increase sales of tooling.
-Build on our on line store success and increase products available on the store.
-Identify areas of potential for tooling sales and exploit these.
-Assist customers in fulfilling their tooling and supply needs, generating equipment leads where appropriate in the process
-Continue to update customer database so that they can best serve their customers on an ongoing basis and grow our company for the future
-Communicate with suppliers and enter purchase/sales orders to the company’s ERP system
-Track orders to ensure timely delivery
Required Skills & Experience – Sales Representative – Woodworking Machinery
1. Excellent sales acumen and closing skills
2. Knowledge of woodworking machinery and or tooling an asset
3. Marketing and website maintenance knowledge an asset
4. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics software (CRM and Navison) an asset
6. Highly organized, with a high level of accuracy and thoroughness
7. Ability to take initiative and be proactive in follow through
8. Good oral and written communication skills
9. Highly motivated and energetic with a positive attitude
10. Keen interest in providing superior customer service
11. Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task, and problem solve, thinking ahead to anticipate customer needs
12. Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Developer – Ruby on Rails – Vancouver
Work experience 5-9 years
Expected Earnings $80,000-$120,000 +
We are helping our new client locate and secure a strong Ruby on Rails developer for its’ growing team. Their office is located in the heart of Gastown.
We want you to be part of the backend development at a smaller, but very fast-moving ecommerce development shop.
Specifically you will be responsible to:
–Play a role in application development
–Own the code base, continually refactor it, and make it better
–Implement a road map of new features
–The typical developer stuff: liaise with customer support, bring ideas to meetings, educate other team members on best practices and continually look for ways to improve the product.
–Develop RESTful APIs for internal and external use
–Develop scalable backend services
Required Skills & Experience – Developer – Ruby on Rails – Vancouver
To apply for this position, you must have a deep knowledge of the Ruby on Rails framework, have developed scalable backend services and an agile approach to problem solving.
The successful candidate will also have a minimum:
–4+ Years of Ruby on Rails Development and 8+ years developing software in a commercial environment
— Solid experience in building high-performance, reliable and scalable services.
–Development experience in a cloud-based infrastructure
–Knowledge of MySQL and NoSQL databases
–Experience with Ajax based user interfaces
–Ecommerce experience is a bonus
–In addition you must be efficient, organized and be able to follow through on commitments. You’re intelligent, have great analytical skills and have a high attention to detail. Calm under pressure, and have a great work ethic with excellent communication skills.
Sr. Java Developer – Burnaby, BC
Expected Earnings: Excellent comp package!
Job Type: Full time
Work Experience: 5+ years
Our client is looking for a Sr. Java Developer with outstanding English communication skills. They have a full utility Network – are deployed at utilities throughout North America determined to drive down operational costs, increase reliability and deliver top-tier customer service. Their Network provides two-way data communications utilities need today along with the flexibility and adaptability to scale step-by-step as the Smart Grid evolves.
Our client has consistently been ranked on Deloitte’s Fast 50, Fast 500, and Green 15 programs since 2009 as one of the fastest growing cleantech companies in North America.
Are you a Java Developer who is passionate about server side technologies and both creating & developing mission critical software? Do you have excellent English communication skills?
Their system is a real-time, two-way, fixed wireless network that is used within a utility’s Smart Grid ecosystem. Using multiple services and applications the TCC manages network operations, communications, data collection, and presents all of this information to network administrators and customer service representatives. The TCC also integrates via web services with a utility’s backend enterprise applications such as Customer Information Systems, Outage Management Systems and Meter Data Management Systems.
The 2 key areas of this role in terms of responsibility are:
• Team Leadership – mentor technical team through coaching and reviews/pairing.
Experience Required – Sr. Java Developer – Burnaby, BC
1. Minimum 5+ years work experience in software architecture and application development within a large, complex system-oriented solution
3. Minimum 3+ years experience in team leadership
4. Full stack development experience – interfacing Java client applications with Oracle database technology and troubleshooting complex SQL queries on the backend
6. Ability to recognize code smells, ability to refactor to address
1. Experience with Apache Tomcat
2. Experience with Mercurial
3. Experience with Eclipse
Personal Attributes Required:
1. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
2. Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, respect, and courtesy
3. Enjoy iterating, collaborating, and learning
4. Thoughtful, strong critical thinker, track record of shipping great products
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field experience
Our client offers a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.
Service Technician- Woodworking machining – Surrey BC
Expected Earnings: $60-$80K base salary (DOE) + Bonus
Job Type: Full time
Work Experience: 5+ years
Our family-owned client is Canada’s largest national distributor of tooling machinery, with branches located across Canada. They are seeking a Service Technician for their Woodworking Machining division in Surrey, BC.
Reporting to the Service Coordinator, the Service Technician will be responsible for starting up, training and servicing particular lines of new and used machinery for our client’s customers located in the province of BC and into the US (extensive travel may be required). In this role you will act as an expert of equipment repair, providing day-to-day support and project leadership to ensure our customer’s machinery is functioning optimally. Servicing equipment will involve reviewing service calls and using your strong diagnostic skills to assess the extent of the problem, requisitioning the necessary parts and then repairing the customer’s machine in an efficient and timely manner. Obtaining and maintaining the necessary training to become a service expert in the company’s offered line of machinery will be critical to your role as a solution provider. You will be in constant contact with customers through visits, phone and written communication.
Beyond ongoing service requirements, you will play an important role in expanding our company’s reputation as a preferred supplier. Instrumental in identifying and proactively finding solutions for new and existing customers through our service/product offerings, your opportunities to represent our company will include the following: professionally demonstrating our machine’s capabilities, training customers in the safe and efficient operation of machinery, working to develop new leads and recording progress in the CRM database, participating in open houses / industry trade shows and association functions.
The successful candidate will be a high energy, self-motivated and outgoing professional with a take-charge attitude and a desire to work in a challenging environment. The individual must be able to travel, although not a large part of the job, something this person must be able to do in order to look after customers.
Assemble, install equipment as necessary
Machine start up and customer training
Upgrade and repair machinery
Instruct customers on applications, machine operation, maintenance and safety at customers’ locations
Servicing customer’s machinery in an efficient and timely manner
Follow all safety requirements/guidelines
Obtain the necessary technical knowledge in the company’s line of machinery by attending scheduled training sessions or sourcing information on own initiative
Completing customer work order/installation feedback reports in an accurate and timely manner
Communicating customer issues to service coordinator and liaising with manufacturers in a timely fashion
Order and return parts as necessary ensuring compliance with company’s guidelines
Any other related tasks as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Service Technician- Woodworking machining – Surrey BC
Knowledge of machinery electrics, electronics, PLC’s, servo controls, and pneumatics an asset
Strong mechanical ability
Experience as machine equipment service technician is an asset
CNC controlled machinery experience is an asset
Machinist and fabrication skills are an asset
Customer service oriented
Organized, with high level of proficiency, thoroughness and attention to detail
Exceptional problem solving skills
Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and think ahead – anticipating the needs of the customer
Ability to take the initiative and proactive approach, combined with exceptional follow-up skills
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines for critical tasks.
Highly motivated and energetic, with a positive attitude and a pleasant and calm demeanor
Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
Motivation to learn
Good oral and written communication skills
Good computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Senior Web Application Developer – Penticton, BC
Expected Earnings Negotiable. Please include your salary expectations
Job type Full time
Work experience 8+ years
Much of our client’s new development is now cloud-based, using C# and html 5. As such, we are looking for a senior developer with prior knowledge and experience to fulfull such a role in the heart of the Okanagan Valley.
You will be part of a development team responsible for maintaining an existing desktop business application as well creating new desktop, mobile, and web applications for a variety of businesses. Experience in an agile development environment, working closely with stakeholders, is a must.
Required Skills & Experience – Senior Web Application Developer – Penticton, BC
• Minimum 8 years of professional software development experience
• 5 years of experience in web development
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree
• Relational Database Design
• Business application development experience
• Service Oriented Architecture
• MS SQL
• ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Api
• Solid knowledge of both client and server-side development
Senior Analog IC Design Engineer
Location: Kelowna, BC
Work experience 10-15 years
Expected Earnings $100,000 – $120,000 Salary + bonus + benefits
Our client designs and markets high performance video & audio semiconductors for the consumer entertainment, home & automotive markets. TM8 is helping them locate and secure a hands-on Senior Analog Design Engineer for their Design team. As a Senior Analog IC Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the specification definition, architecture, circuit design, layout supervision, and characterization of high-performance mixed signal circuits utilizing advanced CMOS technologies driving consumer electronics applications. Circuits include linear voltage regulators, data converters, OPAMPS, switching voltage regulators, bandgap circuits, transceivers, active filters, and PLL design blocks just to name a few. Other responsibilities will include supporting other groups for testing, qualifying and releasing designs to production.
Required Skills & Experience – Senior Analog IC Design Engineer
-Masters in Science in Electrical Engineering -10+ Years experience -You’re a great designer -Deep understanding & experience with Band Gaps, Level Shifters, PLL, Clock Generators, LNA, VCO, Closed Loop, High-Gain Amps -Creative -High level of SPICE expertise required -The ideal candidate will have a strong set of Analog IC design skills in a wide range of circuits. Strong layout knowledge and parasitic component understanding is a must. -Expertise with software tools such as Schematic entry, Matlab, etc. is desired. -Process and Device Physics knowledge is a strong plus. -Basic digital design skills at the gate level and utilizing Verilog are an added benefit.
***Specific Skills Required***
* Recognition of amplifier configurations at the block level: instant grasp of noise gain, signal gain and so forth.
* To be able to look at an op-amp drawing and describe the pole zero locations, know what product of what resistors and capacitors are creating the poles and zeros. Understand Open- Loop Characteristics, identify Phase Margin on a Bode plot, and know how phase margin varies with closed loop gain.
* Comprehend 1/f noise and its relation to gate area. Know that the noise of bipolar devices is re/2 and for a FET 2/3gm. Describe shot noise as distinct from voltage noise and explain its origin. Understand why input stage noise should dominate, optimize load networks for low noise.
* Comprehend, at the device level, dominant pole compensation and correctly identify the Gm and C that determine its value. Understand zero compensation techniques and its impact on excess phase.
* Know the limitations of R-2R networks, on-resistance errors etc. Correctly draw a R-2R network in both Voltage Mode and Current mode.
* Understand the first principles of Sigma-Delta modulation and correctly derive the STF and NTF for a block-diagram level Sigma-Delta modulator.
* Understand staticizer failure (meta-stability) and outline techniques to reduce it.
* Understand that a PLL is a second order system and what that means to the zero in the loop filter. Point out the optimum point for phase noise given a poor low frequency local oscillator and a good quality input clock. Know what a variable modulus pre-scalar does. Accurately describe what phase noise is, and how it scales with frequency,
* Understand the principle of a band-gap circuit and know the acronyms PTAT and ITAT, show a simple continuous time band-gap. Never having a seen a switch-cap band-gap nevertheless be able to identify the PTAT and ITAT aspect.
* Draw at least one implementation of a bi-quad stage of a filter; know why all filters are reducible to bi-quads. Understand what Q is, and the optimum placement of w,Q in a bi-quad chain for signal level issues.
*Explain why an RF signal is matched at the receiver and show an outline of how this is commonly achieved at the devices level.
*Draw schematics with ease, those drawing corresponding to signal from left to right (or rarely, visa-versa) and always with higher voltages at the top.