Associate Director Engineering Admissions
TM8 is currently seeking an Associate Director of Engineering Admissions for a leading regulatory body in British Columbia, to oversee improvement of processes and operational efficiency. The successful candidate will need to encompass an Engineering or Geo-science background with successful complex Project Management as well as Administrative Management.
A postgraduate degree in engineering, geoscience, business, law or public policy would an asset. Registration or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in BC.
The role is in a Regulatory environment.
This is a Senior Management position, reporting to the Director level and would include managing 5 direct reports on a team of 12.
Essential qualities – Associate Director Engineering Admissions
Highly personable and collaborative individual with the ability to relate to and engage with a range of personalities and people from a range of departments and perspectives
Outstanding Analytical Skills
Proven experience with process improvement, and successful project management
A more detailed job description will be provided to candidates who meet these requirements.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the role would be appropriate for someone with an Engineering + Project management background along with 5+ years in an administrative / leadership role within the quasi-Government, Government, Crown Corporations or Academic industries.
The position will also require the person to demonstrate that they have:
• Proven leadership, mentor-ship and coaching skills
• Proven ability to inspire trust, confidence and respect of staff, peers, leadership, volunteers and clients
• Proven ability to exercise mature judgment, diplomacy, discretion and to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills – including listening, written, verbal communications
• Researching, project management, analyzing and applying legislation and policies, managing projects and budgets, leading diverse teams, and using web-based tools and applications
• Training in Administrative Law is an asset, relevant BC legislation including the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The employer offers a salary of $120,000 – $130,000 with an outstanding benefits and perks package.
5 Weeks vacation to start
Flex days, 36 hour work weeks
$5000 car allowance / year
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted and further details on the role will be provided.