President & CEO
Company - $150 million in annual sales & 350+ employees. Publicly traded on the TSX.
- Drove major profit turn-around via sales growth coupled with reductions in overheads & COGS.
- Achieved record net $ sales and EBITDA in 2009, including a $28 million EBITDA improvement over 2008 from a loss of $13 million to a gain of $14+ million.
- Reduced net bank debt by $20+ million in 2009 from $25 million to under $3 million.
- Led re-building of relationships with union employees culminating in the ratification of a collective agreement.
- Led development & implementation of a Strategic Plan, including various M&A initiatives.
- Managed investor relations, including conference calls with investors & analysts.
- Led a team of functional VP’s and other senior managers.
- Renegotiated executive contracts and redesigned executive & management incentive plans.
- Reported to a Board of Directors.
Sr. VP, Marketing
- Responsible for Marketing at a $2.8 billion business.
- Responsible for 15+ employees and an annual budget of over $13 million.
- Launched a variety of innovative new products under leading brands.
- Achieved dominant market shares in key high margin categories
- Pioneered expansion into organic products and achieved a 20-fold increase in sales over 5 years
- Negotiated licensing & distribution agreements with major food companies.
- The most lucrative of these licensing deals drove $20 million in annual contribution.
- Participated in due diligence process for major acquisitions.
VP, Marketing & IT
- Responsible for Marketing, R&D and IT an $800 million business.
- Responsible for 32 employees (7 Marketing, 5 R&D, 20 IT) and an annual budget of $10 million.
- Created & implemented national Marketing Plans focussed on brand building, product innovation, packaging modernization and sku rationalization.
- Prepared business cases for marketing-oriented capital investments -$8 million ESL plastic line.
- Created & implemented IT plans focussed on delivering superior service in a cost efficient manner.
VP, E-Commerce & Technology / Director, IS
- Directly responsible for 30+ IT staff
- Achieved $5 million savings in IT budget, while significantly improving quality of service.
- Negotiated purchases & contracts with major IT vendors
- Implemented numerous improvements to IT security, including policies, procedures & infrastructure.
- Initiated various E-Commerce projects including web-based customer & employee interfaces.
- Promoted from Director, Information Services to VP, E-Commerce & Technology.
Manager, Sales Administration & Development
- Managed award-winning Business Intelligence Project, including: Contract Negotiations, Dimensional Design, Reports Creation, User Manual, User Training & Media Communication.
- Analysed sales & profit trends by product category and key account.
- Designed an Automated Rebate System and managed its construction by an outside firm.
- Designed and helped implement a new Distributor Commission Structure.
Business Analyst – Corporate Finance
Group Product Manager
- Managed $30 million product portfolio and $2 million marketing budget.
- Managed all elements of the marketing mix, including market research, product launches, advertising & promotion, price changes, packaging upgrades and product discontinuations.
Market Research Manager
- Managed Sales Database user systems, including user training, user manual and data quality.
- Recommended and implemented changes to pricing and discount systems.
Market Analyst – Western Division
- Analysed brand shares, competitors’ brand shares and industry sales.
- Designed and evaluated pricing strategies, sales reports and sales contests.
- Presented sales and marketing trends to sales group.