now browsing by category
Pre-Sales Solution Engineer – Vancouver
Expected Earnings: $80,000 – $90,000 +
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Work Experience: 5+ years
Our client is a leading provider of document processing solutions. By using their technology, clients can take advantage of advanced functionality within their applications, and speed up their processes. Their innovative products are used by some of the leading companies in the world. We are helping them hire a Pre-Sales Solution Engineer. In return for your hard work and dedication, our client provides a competitive salary based on experience & qualifications along with a generous benefits package. Bonus potential based on output and unlimited career growth potential will also be provided by this company based in Downtown Vancouver.
The Solution Engineer supports customers in technical implementations of solutions and sales productivity by creating a solution for customers. The role requires collaboration with sales, product engineering, and technical support resources. The objective is to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address pains of prospective customers, and are supported by their technical decision-makers.
Responsibilities: Pre-Sales Solution Engineer – Vancouver
- Provide product demonstrations, and assistance with demo version installations or beta implementations.
- Debug customer application source code to diagnose and address any errors.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, needs, and recommend solutions.
- Secure input on technical requirements from all necessary solution customer stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with sales and product support/engineering units to align solution design with customer requirements.
- Manage all technical support tickets throughout the pre-sales process, and alert the sales team of potential risks to the opportunity.
- Work with sales associates to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Stay abreast of electronic document standards, industry developments, trends, emerging technologies, as well as competitor offerings.
Qualifications: Pre-Sales Solution Engineer – Vancouver
- 3+ years experience developing complex software project
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar program.
- Experience with Internet architecture, and mobile application development
- 2+ years experience in solutions architecture, solution integration/delivering, troubleshooting/debugging, or other equivalent experience interfacing with customers.
Senior System Test Engineer – Smart Grid Technology – Vancouver
Expected Earnings Excellent comp package!
Job type Full time
Work experience 5+ years
Job Description: Senior System Test Engineer – Smart Grid Technology – Vancouver
Our client develops, manufactures and markets two-way data communications networks for electric, water and gas utilities. They provide utilities with more intelligent communications infrastructure.
The Network is a fixed wireless network that is used within a utility’s smart grid ecosystem. Seeking a Senior System Test Engineer for their team.
The company has a team consisting of test leads for each of network server, endpoint, and UI/application testing. They are now expanding the team to include a senior test engineer who can integrate end-to-end system testing throughout the agile development process. The successful candidate will work to prevent delays that result from system bugs and errors being caught late in the development cycle.
1. Collaborate with directors, technical leads, and project managers, to evaluate, plan, design, integrate and deploy full system testing throughout the agile development cycle
2. Ensure that any new software integration meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications
3. Conduct all types of testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load and acceptance testing methods
4. Analyze test results to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
5. Contribute to design, development, and implementation of test automation
6. Ensure that testing activities meet system goals and fulfill end user requirements
7. Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking
8. Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
9. Cultivate, define and implement system testing best practices
Required Skills & Experience: Senior System Test Engineer – Smart Grid Technology – Vancouver
***5-10 years’ hands-on experience with testing complex products that include hardware, software and firmware components.***
1. Experience within a C/Linux environment is critical, and at least one or both of:
2. Embedded Linux in small form-factor devices
3. Server Linux applications
4. From design to implementation, you have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills in both manual and automated testing solutions.
5. You have a proven track record of delivering highly-reliable applications for mass-market, complex systems.
6. As a senior systems test engineer, it is important that you seek continuous improvement.
7. You are passionate for innovative solutions, plus have a strong personal commitment to quality, performance and documentation.
8. You are a pragmatist who can re-scope as necessary without sacrificing the quality of the deliverable.
9. You are self-motivated and results-focused with demonstrated ability to multi-task without compromising quality.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also receive:
-Comprehensive extended health and dental coverage, plus a health spending account;
-Life and disability insurance, Travel insurance, MSP coverage, Stock options,
-Your choice of paid parking space or transit reimbursement
-3 weeks’ annual vacation; and opportunities for paid professional development and training.
-You will receive these benefits upon commencement of employment
-There is also a running club, games room, subsidized yoga classes, and various social events.
Software Developer / Engineer – Vancouver
Expected Earnings: Above industry standard compensation package
Work Experience: 5+ years
Our client is looking for a talented, rock solid Software Developer/Engineer to join their core development team. You are an expert in all things development, have a passion for solid code and delivering quality products. You have a sense of urgency, need little supervision, and get things done. You are a natural idea accelerator, are able to work under tight deadlines and understand what it takes to work on mission critical software in a growing company. You have this uncanny ability to discuss technical issues with non-techies in laymen’s terms, and are able to communicate with existing and potential clients (whether other developers, CEOs or CTOs) with confidence and ease. *Local candidates only please.
As a software developer, you will not just be involved in all aspects of the software development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, code processes and company direction. You will also be making heavy use of the latest & greatest technologies, so a craving for learning new things is a must. You are adventurous, competitive and driven to excel!
Work on the development of existing and new technology (from requirements gathering and analysis to high-level design, implementation, test and maintenance).
Carry out research and prepare technical proposals and demonstrations for new projects.
Design and develop sample code and contribute to technical documentation.
Interact with customers who seek solutions to their inquires.
Assist and collaborate with other developers.
Required Qualifications – Software Developer / Engineer – Vancouver
A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
2 to 5 years experience developing complex software projects and applications.
Strong proficiency in C/C++ development, with additional experience with Java or C# being a plus.
Strong mathematical analysis and problem solving abilities.
Experience with one or more development environments (Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.).
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to work effectively on assignments through correct prioritization and management of tasks in order to ensure high-quality deliverables at each stage of the project.
Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
Knowledge and/or interest in computer graphics, AI, document formats (especially page description languages such as PDF, SVG, XPS, PostScript), and image compression technologies.
Familiarity with advanced algorithms related to raster and vector image processing.
Flexible and with experience working as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
Thirst for knowledge, with a strong initiative and drive to go above and beyond.
Fun to be around.
Software Development Lead – Ruby Rails – Vancouver
Location: Gastown, Vancouver
Competitive compensation package including extended medical, dental, MSP, paid time off, gym membership, sweet office and location, great team, amazing clients and the opportunity to have real impact on the support and reliability of event and conference experiences globally.
Here is what you’ll have the opportunity to do:
- Working alongside the Platform Director, lead the execution of the platform roadmap for the next phase of growth
- Write new features, code reviews, fix bugs and overall write clean, efficient code
- Be the tech lead and mentor for a team of three developers ranging from junior through senior
- Interact with sales, marketing, project managers and the leadership team to discuss how and what features should be built
- Devise and support integrations between the various systems needed to run client sites using the software and integrating with other data sources / platforms
- Support QA and the Support teams by triaging platform related issues on current projects
Required Skills and Experience – Software Development Lead – Ruby Rails – Vancouver
5 years full stack development experience with their tech – cloud based, distributed systems is a must
At least 1 year as a tech or dev lead managing other developers at all levels
You’re all about Agile methodologies
You’ve written unit tests before (both backend and frontend)
Bachelor’s Degree or Computer Science Degree, or you’re a really good problem solver
Cross disciplinary experience where you have worked with Designers, Project Managers, Product Marketers and a Leadership team
You’ll be internal and externally facing so strong communication skills are a must – both written and verbal
Developer – Ruby on Rails – Vancouver
Work experience 5-9 years
Expected Earnings $80,000-$120,000 +
We are helping our new client locate and secure a strong Ruby on Rails developer for its’ growing team. Their office is located in the heart of Gastown.
We want you to be part of the backend development at a smaller, but very fast-moving ecommerce development shop.
Specifically you will be responsible to:
–Play a role in application development
–Own the code base, continually refactor it, and make it better
–Implement a road map of new features
–The typical developer stuff: liaise with customer support, bring ideas to meetings, educate other team members on best practices and continually look for ways to improve the product.
–Develop RESTful APIs for internal and external use
–Develop scalable backend services
Required Skills & Experience – Developer – Ruby on Rails – Vancouver
To apply for this position, you must have a deep knowledge of the Ruby on Rails framework, have developed scalable backend services and an agile approach to problem solving.
The successful candidate will also have a minimum:
–4+ Years of Ruby on Rails Development and 8+ years developing software in a commercial environment
— Solid experience in building high-performance, reliable and scalable services.
–Development experience in a cloud-based infrastructure
–Knowledge of MySQL and NoSQL databases
–Experience with Ajax based user interfaces
–Ecommerce experience is a bonus
–In addition you must be efficient, organized and be able to follow through on commitments. You’re intelligent, have great analytical skills and have a high attention to detail. Calm under pressure, and have a great work ethic with excellent communication skills.
Sr. Java Developer – Burnaby, BC
Expected Earnings: Excellent comp package!
Job Type: Full time
Work Experience: 5+ years
Our client is looking for a Sr. Java Developer with outstanding English communication skills. They have a full utility Network – are deployed at utilities throughout North America determined to drive down operational costs, increase reliability and deliver top-tier customer service. Their Network provides two-way data communications utilities need today along with the flexibility and adaptability to scale step-by-step as the Smart Grid evolves.
Our client has consistently been ranked on Deloitte’s Fast 50, Fast 500, and Green 15 programs since 2009 as one of the fastest growing cleantech companies in North America.
Are you a Java Developer who is passionate about server side technologies and both creating & developing mission critical software? Do you have excellent English communication skills?
Their system is a real-time, two-way, fixed wireless network that is used within a utility’s Smart Grid ecosystem. Using multiple services and applications the TCC manages network operations, communications, data collection, and presents all of this information to network administrators and customer service representatives. The TCC also integrates via web services with a utility’s backend enterprise applications such as Customer Information Systems, Outage Management Systems and Meter Data Management Systems.
The 2 key areas of this role in terms of responsibility are:
• Team Leadership – mentor technical team through coaching and reviews/pairing.
Experience Required – Sr. Java Developer – Burnaby, BC
1. Minimum 5+ years work experience in software architecture and application development within a large, complex system-oriented solution
3. Minimum 3+ years experience in team leadership
4. Full stack development experience – interfacing Java client applications with Oracle database technology and troubleshooting complex SQL queries on the backend
6. Ability to recognize code smells, ability to refactor to address
1. Experience with Apache Tomcat
2. Experience with Mercurial
3. Experience with Eclipse
Personal Attributes Required:
1. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
2. Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, respect, and courtesy
3. Enjoy iterating, collaborating, and learning
4. Thoughtful, strong critical thinker, track record of shipping great products
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field experience
Our client offers a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.