now browsing by month
Pre-Sales Solution Engineer – Vancouver
Expected Earnings: $80,000 – $90,000 +
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Work Experience: 5+ years
Our client is a leading provider of document processing solutions. By using their technology, clients can take advantage of advanced functionality within their applications, and speed up their processes. Their innovative products are used by some of the leading companies in the world. We are helping them hire a Pre-Sales Solution Engineer. In return for your hard work and dedication, our client provides a competitive salary based on experience & qualifications along with a generous benefits package. Bonus potential based on output and unlimited career growth potential will also be provided by this company based in Downtown Vancouver.
The Solution Engineer supports customers in technical implementations of solutions and sales productivity by creating a solution for customers. The role requires collaboration with sales, product engineering, and technical support resources. The objective is to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address pains of prospective customers, and are supported by their technical decision-makers.
Responsibilities: Pre-Sales Solution Engineer – Vancouver
- Provide product demonstrations, and assistance with demo version installations or beta implementations.
- Debug customer application source code to diagnose and address any errors.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, needs, and recommend solutions.
- Secure input on technical requirements from all necessary solution customer stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with sales and product support/engineering units to align solution design with customer requirements.
- Manage all technical support tickets throughout the pre-sales process, and alert the sales team of potential risks to the opportunity.
- Work with sales associates to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Stay abreast of electronic document standards, industry developments, trends, emerging technologies, as well as competitor offerings.
Qualifications: Pre-Sales Solution Engineer – Vancouver
- 3+ years experience developing complex software project
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar program.
- Experience with Internet architecture, and mobile application development
- 2+ years experience in solutions architecture, solution integration/delivering, troubleshooting/debugging, or other equivalent experience interfacing with customers.
Senior System Test Engineer – Smart Grid Technology – Vancouver
Expected Earnings Excellent comp package!
Job type Full time
Work experience 5+ years
Job Description: Senior System Test Engineer – Smart Grid Technology – Vancouver
Our client develops, manufactures and markets two-way data communications networks for electric, water and gas utilities. They provide utilities with more intelligent communications infrastructure.
The Network is a fixed wireless network that is used within a utility’s smart grid ecosystem. Seeking a Senior System Test Engineer for their team.
The company has a team consisting of test leads for each of network server, endpoint, and UI/application testing. They are now expanding the team to include a senior test engineer who can integrate end-to-end system testing throughout the agile development process. The successful candidate will work to prevent delays that result from system bugs and errors being caught late in the development cycle.
1. Collaborate with directors, technical leads, and project managers, to evaluate, plan, design, integrate and deploy full system testing throughout the agile development cycle
2. Ensure that any new software integration meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications
3. Conduct all types of testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load and acceptance testing methods
4. Analyze test results to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
5. Contribute to design, development, and implementation of test automation
6. Ensure that testing activities meet system goals and fulfill end user requirements
7. Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking
8. Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
9. Cultivate, define and implement system testing best practices
Required Skills & Experience: Senior System Test Engineer – Smart Grid Technology – Vancouver
***5-10 years’ hands-on experience with testing complex products that include hardware, software and firmware components.***
1. Experience within a C/Linux environment is critical, and at least one or both of:
2. Embedded Linux in small form-factor devices
3. Server Linux applications
4. From design to implementation, you have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills in both manual and automated testing solutions.
5. You have a proven track record of delivering highly-reliable applications for mass-market, complex systems.
6. As a senior systems test engineer, it is important that you seek continuous improvement.
7. You are passionate for innovative solutions, plus have a strong personal commitment to quality, performance and documentation.
8. You are a pragmatist who can re-scope as necessary without sacrificing the quality of the deliverable.
9. You are self-motivated and results-focused with demonstrated ability to multi-task without compromising quality.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also receive:
-Comprehensive extended health and dental coverage, plus a health spending account;
-Life and disability insurance, Travel insurance, MSP coverage, Stock options,
-Your choice of paid parking space or transit reimbursement
-3 weeks’ annual vacation; and opportunities for paid professional development and training.
-You will receive these benefits upon commencement of employment
-There is also a running club, games room, subsidized yoga classes, and various social events.
Software Developer / Engineer – Vancouver
Expected Earnings: Above industry standard compensation package
Work Experience: 5+ years
Our client is looking for a talented, rock solid Software Developer/Engineer to join their core development team. You are an expert in all things development, have a passion for solid code and delivering quality products. You have a sense of urgency, need little supervision, and get things done. You are a natural idea accelerator, are able to work under tight deadlines and understand what it takes to work on mission critical software in a growing company. You have this uncanny ability to discuss technical issues with non-techies in laymen’s terms, and are able to communicate with existing and potential clients (whether other developers, CEOs or CTOs) with confidence and ease. *Local candidates only please.
As a software developer, you will not just be involved in all aspects of the software development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, code processes and company direction. You will also be making heavy use of the latest & greatest technologies, so a craving for learning new things is a must. You are adventurous, competitive and driven to excel!
Work on the development of existing and new technology (from requirements gathering and analysis to high-level design, implementation, test and maintenance).
Carry out research and prepare technical proposals and demonstrations for new projects.
Design and develop sample code and contribute to technical documentation.
Interact with customers who seek solutions to their inquires.
Assist and collaborate with other developers.
Required Qualifications – Software Developer / Engineer – Vancouver
A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
2 to 5 years experience developing complex software projects and applications.
Strong proficiency in C/C++ development, with additional experience with Java or C# being a plus.
Strong mathematical analysis and problem solving abilities.
Experience with one or more development environments (Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.).
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to work effectively on assignments through correct prioritization and management of tasks in order to ensure high-quality deliverables at each stage of the project.
Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
Knowledge and/or interest in computer graphics, AI, document formats (especially page description languages such as PDF, SVG, XPS, PostScript), and image compression technologies.
Familiarity with advanced algorithms related to raster and vector image processing.
Flexible and with experience working as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
Thirst for knowledge, with a strong initiative and drive to go above and beyond.
Fun to be around.
Software Development Lead – Ruby Rails – Vancouver
Location: Gastown, Vancouver
Competitive compensation package including extended medical, dental, MSP, paid time off, gym membership, sweet office and location, great team, amazing clients and the opportunity to have real impact on the support and reliability of event and conference experiences globally.
Here is what you’ll have the opportunity to do:
- Working alongside the Platform Director, lead the execution of the platform roadmap for the next phase of growth
- Write new features, code reviews, fix bugs and overall write clean, efficient code
- Be the tech lead and mentor for a team of three developers ranging from junior through senior
- Interact with sales, marketing, project managers and the leadership team to discuss how and what features should be built
- Devise and support integrations between the various systems needed to run client sites using the software and integrating with other data sources / platforms
- Support QA and the Support teams by triaging platform related issues on current projects
Required Skills and Experience – Software Development Lead – Ruby Rails – Vancouver
5 years full stack development experience with their tech – cloud based, distributed systems is a must
At least 1 year as a tech or dev lead managing other developers at all levels
You’re all about Agile methodologies
You’ve written unit tests before (both backend and frontend)
Bachelor’s Degree or Computer Science Degree, or you’re a really good problem solver
Cross disciplinary experience where you have worked with Designers, Project Managers, Product Marketers and a Leadership team
You’ll be internal and externally facing so strong communication skills are a must – both written and verbal