now browsing by month
Sr. Java Developer – Burnaby, BC
Expected Earnings: Excellent comp package!
Job Type: Full time
Work Experience: 5+ years
Our client is looking for a Sr. Java Developer with outstanding English communication skills. They have a full utility Network – are deployed at utilities throughout North America determined to drive down operational costs, increase reliability and deliver top-tier customer service. Their Network provides two-way data communications utilities need today along with the flexibility and adaptability to scale step-by-step as the Smart Grid evolves.
Our client has consistently been ranked on Deloitte’s Fast 50, Fast 500, and Green 15 programs since 2009 as one of the fastest growing cleantech companies in North America.
Are you a Java Developer who is passionate about server side technologies and both creating & developing mission critical software? Do you have excellent English communication skills?
Their system is a real-time, two-way, fixed wireless network that is used within a utility’s Smart Grid ecosystem. Using multiple services and applications the TCC manages network operations, communications, data collection, and presents all of this information to network administrators and customer service representatives. The TCC also integrates via web services with a utility’s backend enterprise applications such as Customer Information Systems, Outage Management Systems and Meter Data Management Systems.
The 2 key areas of this role in terms of responsibility are:
• Team Leadership – mentor technical team through coaching and reviews/pairing.
Experience Required – Sr. Java Developer – Burnaby, BC
1. Minimum 5+ years work experience in software architecture and application development within a large, complex system-oriented solution
3. Minimum 3+ years experience in team leadership
4. Full stack development experience – interfacing Java client applications with Oracle database technology and troubleshooting complex SQL queries on the backend
6. Ability to recognize code smells, ability to refactor to address
1. Experience with Apache Tomcat
2. Experience with Mercurial
3. Experience with Eclipse
Personal Attributes Required:
1. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
2. Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, respect, and courtesy
3. Enjoy iterating, collaborating, and learning
4. Thoughtful, strong critical thinker, track record of shipping great products
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field experience
Our client offers a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.